incredible true-ish adventures
Saturday, December 15, 2007
  ok only one year later
Sitting on my big new chocolate velvet couch that keeps extruding feathers into the back of my neck. Have moved from this couch approx 5 times during the day - 3 bathroom breaks, one trek to the stove to make coffee, and a trip down the block to Jpan for takeaway sushi. The rest of the day has been spent with my computer on my lap nominally outlining fed courts but mostly catching up on six years of dooce.com archives. Just looked back at the outlines I made 1L year (40+ pages with graphics and flowcharts) and though 1) I'm so glad to be done with that 2) 2 days to the exam and I am 1/3 through my fed courts outline. I hope the curve has changed significantly this year. 3) Why the heck didn't I get straight A's with that solid gold shit?

The computer fan is periodically making very loud wheezing humming noises. Maybe it's purring? My lap is quite warm. We're practically snuggling.

Jason is sitting about 6 feet away studying con law at a busted Ikea desk we hauled off the sidewalk two days ago. Made of extruded wood product and blonde veneer, it boasts the graffiti "Latin Queen" in a girlish pen. Every once in a while he flexes his muscles, just to remind himself that he's not a haggard 2L but rather a rugged hunk of virile masculinity. Grrr.

I said goodbye last night to a good friend, Joel, who is taking off on a grand world tour to play jazz piano in California, Australia, and on cruise ships visiting various fjord-strewn ports of Northern Europe. Do they have staff attorneys on Carnival Cruises?
 
Comments:
Whoa. I saw this blog light up on my rss feed and I was amazed. A new post from sarah? :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
As told by the alter ego of a mild-mannered law student.

Archives
April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / December 2006 / December 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]